[Coco] Deal to first 3 responders

J.P. Samson coco+list at jeanpaulsamson.com
Thu Aug 27 14:26:59 EDT 2009

On Aug-27-09, at 12:12 PM, Frank Swygert wrote:
> There's also the point that RS didn't want the CoCo to be too
> powerful or attractive -- it would then take away from the more
> profitable Tandy 1000 sales.

I think a company has real management problems when they worry more
about competing with themselves and maximizing product margins rather
than competing against other companies in their market.  This seems to
happen a lot, especially as a company edges towards becoming a
monopoly.  Interestingly, this can result in a lot of employees
bailing, having become frustrated with the limitations imposed on
their development work, and going to work for those competitors.

-- JP