[Coco] Deal to first 3 responders

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Mon Aug 24 12:49:28 EDT 2009

At 07:38 PM 8/23/2009, you wrote:
>On 8/23/09, Roger Taylor wrote:
>
> > At 05:48 PM 8/23/2009, you wrote:
> >>
> >>Just to be clear Roger,  the signals on the header are TTL level. A
> >>person would need to rig up an RS-232 level translation circuit to use
> >>it as a wired pak.
> >>

> > True, and all sorts of plug-ins could be used on the header.  I have
> > one such pak for myself and this winter I plan to come up with some
> > cool add-ons, TTL-compatible or not.
> >

>--
>
>Whatever happened to the CoCoNet software?  Do you still have plans to
>release it?
>
>Darren

I've had way too much on the plate at once the past 12 months, so
CoCoNet had to wait.

My plans were to get it released this fall/winter, even if it means
releasing the source code into the Public Domain.  Even if it sells
70 copies, that's 200+ other CoCo users that couldn't play the game,
so to speak.  The idea is to let anybody with a CoCo serial to PC
cable, a 6551-based pak, the Forgotten Chip mod, etc. to use CoCoNet
to talk over the web, using a nearby PC of course.  The Deluxe
Wireless pak just makes it better because there's no wires and the
CoCo can be moved around the house or shop with instant "internet
access".  But I need to make it clear that CoCoNet at this time adds
only a handful of fundamental routines that BASIC programmers then
use a base in their own web-based apps.

--
Roger Taylor

http://www.americafedup.com