[Coco] Off-topic -- Re: One point of view

Wayne Campbell asa.rand at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 19 16:39:26 EDT 2009

John W. Linville wrote:> Perhaps we can end this off-topic thread now?  Please?

Yes, but I feel I must make one last statement.

>  A: Because we read from top to bottom, left to right.
>   Q: Why should I start my reply below the quoted text?

>   A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
>   Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

This is not entirely true. Yes, we read from top to bottom and left to right. Some countries read from right to left, top to bottom, and others top to bottom, right to left. The order in which we read is immaterial.

Quoted text in replies is reference material. Do we put reference material at the front of a book, just because we read from  left to right, top to bottom? No. Reference material goes at the end of the book.

Wayne