[Coco] curses! Sucess!

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Aug 16 11:31:56 EDT 2009

On Sunday 16 August 2009, William Schaub wrote:
>Thats great news! If I ever get around to getting serious with OS9 I
>will want to use this with the C compiler to make (or possibly port)
>some applications.
>
>actually the #1 killer app would be something like vi for os9. that line
>editor that is bundled really is painful, even with a copy of the manual
>in front of me.

We have one, and its the only editor I use on the coco.  Its made from the
tsedit disks by a patch that I think (I could be wrong) was done by Eddie
Kuhns.  Beware that with modern nitros9, it will have to be renamed because of
the usage of 'vi' as a device descriptor name, an unfortunate choice IMNSHO.
Gives some crazy error messages. :(

I've done that to my copy, but ATM can't recall what I renamed it to, using
dEd of course.  If perms to put the rename patched version on rtsi could be
obtained, I could probably do that if there is enough demand.  Its the only
editor we have that you can start with a #56k argument.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

tachyon emissions overloading the system