[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: TRS-80 Color Computer ELECTRONIC BOOK

Gerry van den Berk swancity at internode.on.net
Sat Aug 15 18:28:11 EDT 2009

bv_sh wrote:
> Many thanks for the advice regards joystick values.
>
> I have tried most things to get the tapes to be recognised
> successfully,
> but to no avail.
>
> I have concluded they are past redemption.

It may be more an issue over the equipment and tecnique used. I have loaded
tapes that where beyond redemption on ordinary tapedecks by using a high
quality Yamaha tape deck connected as the tape drive for the CoCo and saving
the program back to a PC. Other tapes where copied over to the PC and saved
as WAV's where they could be manipulated and in most instances salvaged.

Please consider passing the tapes onto someone else who wishes to try a
salvage mission if no other working copies can be found.