[Coco] RAINBOW vinyl records?

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 22:16:22 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 9:38 PM, Christian Lesage <hyperfrog at gmail.com>wrote:

mike delyea wrote:

>> I'm guessing the Rainbow record is a recording of tape programs as
>> that would also be in audio format.
>>

> Well, yes indeed. But the question is: "Who made it? And why?"

As for who manufactured the particular record (The Rainbow July 1983), the
record sheet says:

Made in USA - EVATONE Soundsheets of Clearwater Florida.

The soundsheets were not that rare back in the day - heck, they even came
inside cereal boxes! - it was a convenient and cheap way of distributing
recordings like demos. Responses to the Rainbow record suggested many people
would have liked the magazine to continue distributing its programs like
that instead of tape. While novel, it was impractical for the size of the
magazine then, and also there was the issue of having the readers transcribe
the record into a suitable tape.

-=[ R ]=-