[Coco] [Color Computer] Can anyone plese help me on the POINT command?

shadow at shadowgard.com shadow at shadowgard.com
Mon Aug 10 02:53:33 EDT 2009

On 10 Aug 2009 at 1:50, vacuumboy1 wrote:

> Hi all! I am still having trouble with wikipedia's command syntax descritptions, so can anybody plese help me with POINT? Any help is GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!

Point is a function. That is, it returns a value.

V = point(x,y)

The value of V will depend on the screen mode and on the color of the
pixel at x,y on the screen.

0,0 is the upper left corner of the screen in all modes.

In some modes you only get a true or false (0 or -1?) value because
there are only two colors possible. In others you get the color value
for the point.

DEtails beyond that require having the manuals handy or a CoCo to
test things on, and I don't have either handy.

--
Leonard Erickson (aka shadow)
shadow at shadowgard dot com