[Coco] A bit more of CoCo history dies...

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Aug 7 12:10:06 EDT 2009

On Friday 07 August 2009, Bruce W. Calkins wrote:
>>> WARNING "Adobe Shockwave Player" required.

>> Sorry, that must be a winderz only file format, firefox wants to
>> download an x-director application of some sort in order to play it.

>It won't run on my Windows XP 64 bit Pro machine on Firefox either.  Even
>after I upgraded Adobe Shockwave and told NoScript that it was O.K. to run
>it.
>
>If it is that intrusive, It is not needed.  They/he can use a more standard
>format.
>
>Bruce W.

Not to denegrate what Stephen was trying to do in our discussion, but this is
typical of a government operation, particularly when they are told to make the
data available to the public.  They will carefully research what is available,
and purposely choose a method, that while publicly available, is so obscure
that no one has the secret decoder ring.  And of course we didn't get the memo
either.  :(