[Coco] "The Shack" re-branding

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Wed Aug 5 20:01:39 EDT 2009

On Aug 5, 2009, at 6:58 PM, Bill Cousert wrote:
> Remember those video games a few years ago that were shaped like
> joysticks? They were complete Atari 2600 VCS systems complete with a
> rather large library of games. I think they sold for about $25.

They couldn't keep the Atari Flashback 2 in stock when it first came
out -- I looked all over town trying to find one.  (Mmmm, COMBAT on an
HDTV...)

Some of those handhelds are Nintendo 8-bit machines, and I have also
seen a Sega Genesis as well as a Commodore 64. (The original Atari
Flashback unit was an NES, with the games just ported.)

So, Radio Shack could have, if nothing else, brought out a PC TRS-80
Model I/III or CoCo emulator. The 25th anniversary of the Model I
passed with only a press release, if I recall.

		-- A