[Coco] question about 3.5 inch floppies

mike delyea mdelyea at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 09:09:37 EDT 2009

Not exactly.  You can use dmode to set the drives parameters to be a
720k double sided drive, otherwise the drive behaves as a 160k single
sided drive.  You have to change the typ, cyl, sid parameters (type,
cylinders, sides), and probably the stepping rate for faster
operation.  I don't remember the actual settings for a 720k drive,
I'll have to look them up.  Once you've got the drive setup properly
you can use cobbler to make a new boot disk that keeps the drives
parameters for the next time you boot, else you'll be using dmode
everytime you boot.