[Coco] Creating a real floppy from a dsk image over drivewire

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 15:02:28 EDT 2009

On 7/31/09, Michael Furman  wrote:

> Let me clarify a slight ambiguity in my previous message - I have a
> Coco 3 with a pair of 3.5" drives attached and also have Drivewire 3
> running on my Mac laptop but lack my Linux PC that I would normally
> use to create live floppies from the various .dsk and .os9 images I
> have around.
>
> --

Here is a procedure which I have successfully used for single-sided,
35 track images:

Make a duplicate copy of the image to work with.
Mount the image file in slot 0 of the DriveWire server.
Insert a real floppy disk in CoCo Drive 0.
Enter the following commands under DriveWire HDB-DOS:

DRIVE ON
DRIVE #0
BACKUP 0 TO 1
DRIVE OFF 0
BACKUP 1 TO 0

Be sure to include the '0' in the DRIVE OFF command. The first BACKUP
doubles the size of the mounted image file by creating a second copy
of the disk image in the same file.  The second BACKUP copies the
second image from the file onto the real floppy.

Darren