[Coco] OS-9 port by Mike Naberezny

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sun Aug 30 23:18:56 EDT 2009

I'm not sure if anybody knows this cat but in a recent e-mail he
mentioned the following:

In 1984, TPUG (Toronto PET Users Group) ported OS-9 Level I to the
Commodore SuperPET.  After being "lost" for many years, even to TPUG
members, I spent a couple of months trying to resurrect it.  One TPUG
member had some photos of the hardware, another had the disks.  I was
able to reverse engineer it, build new hardware
(http://mikenaberezny.com/projects/superos9), and bring up the OS-9
system on my SuperPET.  I'm hoping to help other SuperPET owners do the same.

I managed to download and run some OS-9 programs from the RTSI
archive. However, those few programs are all that I have.  I suspect
that many OS-9 programs for CoCo (before OS-9 Level II) will run as
well.  That's my interest in your CoCo archive DVD.

Regards,
Mike

--
Roger Taylor