[Coco] Video converter pricing changes

RJRTTY at aol.com RJRTTY at aol.com
Fri Aug 14 19:07:18 EDT 2009

People,

The time has  come for me to announce a price
change for my coco SVGA video  converter.
The unit is out of the prototype stage and performs
as well as  I can make it.   When I started this project
I didn't know how to  use the PC board design software
let alone know how to sync to a signal with  a Phase-locked
loop or double the scan rate of the coco3.  So I kept  the
price artificially low as I experimented with the system
and learned  as I went along.
Now I must increase the price to $120  which includes
the power supply and interface cable.   This price  also
includes shipping in the continental USA.    Overseas
shipping will be extra.   For all those who have  pending
orders with me I will honor the previous price of $48 plus
$10  shipping for a total of $58 so no worries there.

There  is an alternative for those who would like one.
You can order a commercial  unit at:

http://www.ambery.com/rgbcgatovgac.html

It will cost you  $92 plus shipping BUT you will have to
obtain an interface cable on your  own.   I can make a
cable for you as I have this unit and have  interfaced it to
my coco3.    It has performance similar to my  converter
except it has 16 bit resolution which shows ALL the noise
the  coco3 generates.   There also is no way to adjust the
gain so the  interface cable must be loaded with 75 ohm
resistors in order to adjust the  incoming signal to the proper
level.   I can make this cable  available for $10 plus $5 shipping
for a total of $15.

I hope to  accomplish two things with this price change.   Reduce
demand and  recover cost of production.   The experience of
manufacturing and  marketing this product has been rewarding
but now I must bring the price in  line with costs as I settle into
a period of steady production and  output.   I have recently moved
from my cramped apartment to a  duplex where I have spread out
my operation and have become more proficient  at assembling the
converter.  So I should get to everyone who has been  waiting for
a unit fairly soon.

Thanks to everyone who has purchased  the unit for their support

Roy