[Coco] MESS aviwrite color palette fixed for composite?

tim lindner tlindner at macmess.org
Sun Apr 26 17:32:23 EDT 2009

John W. Linville <linville at tuxdriver.com> wrote:

> Anyone ever try to use the -aviwrite option to MESS to record a CoCo3
> video mode?  I'm using it, and the colors all seem wrong.  The color
> palette is set for an RGB monitor and the normal MESS screen is as
> well, so it looks fine when using it.  But the recorded AVI has the
> wrong colors.  Anyone know if the MESS AVI capture is presuming a
> composite video palette?  And if there is a easy way to overcome this
> (aside from changing the colore palette used by the coco3 software)?

The CoCo 3 drivers in mess create two views. A "Composite" and a "RGB".
The "Composite" view is defined first so it is the default view.

There is an option "snapview" that lets you determine which view gets
used when maing snapshots or movies. Try "-snapview RGB" with your avi
write command to set the specific view you want to use.

--
tim lindner
tlindner at macmess.org                                              Bright