[Coco] NitrOS-9 serial mouse driver?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Apr 25 20:29:28 EDT 2009

On Saturday 25 April 2009, Christian Lesage wrote:
>Has someone ever written a serial mouse driver for NitrOS-9? I'm
>planning on building my own RS-232 interface, which will be compatible
>with the Deluxe RS-232 Pak, and that would be one of its potential uses.
>
>Christian

Yes.  I did one about a year ago, almost from scratch as I couldn't make heads
nor tails out of the one we had.  I don't know if it ever made it into the
3.2.8 niros9 repo or not.  It handles either M$ or Logitek serial mice, aauto
switching the minor protocol diffs between them, and its 2 known warts are,
the machine won't boot if the mouse isn't working, and I'm not sure the 2nd &
third button data is in the right bits of a mouse packet.  And of course if
using it with a stock res-232 deluxe pack, the address will need to be edited,
mine is at the next 4 byte address block above the stock pack as I have made a
dual port from mine with a set of piggy-backed chips.

Boisy?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)