[Coco] [Color Computer] coco ethernet project

James Dessart skwirl42 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 07:46:00 EDT 2009

On 4/23/09, Kevin Zee <psycho at hughes.net> wrote:
> If you can get Ethernet to work with a PIC then the memory should not be
>  an issue. Getting it to work with a PIC is trivial.

I don't know if a parallel ethernet chip has been done with a PIC, but
I know it has with AVR chips. uIP has definitely been ported to them.

> There is also a standalone ethernet controller from microchip that uses SPI, if I
>  remember right. I have a development board for it, as a matter of fact.

Sounds cool.

>  I think the 8900 would be a better choice, though (which I have never
>  messed with).

An SPI ethernet controller might be a good choice, since there wont be
much IO space taken up. You'd just have to set up some registers to
hold the SPI data.

--
James Dessart
<http://skwirl.com/cody/>