[Coco] CoCoList and the Web, was Re: CoCoList Survey on email but no web browser access CoCo users.

Christian Lesage hyperfrog at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 15:12:30 EDT 2009

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:
> Just a reminder that the lists are archived by thread, subject, author
> and date, and also available in a Gzipped text version.
>
> Use your password and access them here:
>    http://five.pairlist.net/pipermail/coco/
>
> Dennis

Even non-registered users can access the CoCoList through the web at
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.hardware.tandy.coco. This is how I
discovered it about one month ago. I googled for some CoCo-related
topic, and the gmane archive appeared among the results.

You can't post from the web, but you can browse all threads. (And you
can use Google to search the list for specific keywords.)

To Mr. Bjork:

If the list switched from an email-based format to a web-based one, I
would probably stop using it, or I would use it very scarcely, just like
I almost never post to the Amiga and TRS-80 forums of which I am a
registered user. The constant flow of emails reminds me that I am a
member of a living community. I guess I'm hooked on the (email-based)
CoCoList!

Christian