[Coco] Drivewire question

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Mon Apr 20 03:05:32 EDT 2009

Bob Devries wrote:
> yeah, you're right. I was thinking along the lines of a modified server.
>
> My thoughts would be to have a front panel switch (buttons) to select
> sector sizes of 128, 256, 512 or 1024 bytes per sector.

Well if the protocol was modified, then the client program on the CoCo,
BBC, Amiga or whatever could tell the server what sector size / sector
translation to use, have it default to CoCo/256/LSN so that the current
CoCo code would not be broken.

That way a single server could serve multiple types of machine.

Cheers.

Phill.