[Coco] os9.exe

Steve Bjork 6809er at bjork-huffman.net
Sat Apr 18 10:57:15 EDT 2009

Well, there is an old trick of changing the number of sectors per track
to get around the limit of the number of tracks.
The hard drive manufactures used it in the early days of the PC to get
around the limit of the number of tracks.
It was then up to the hard drive to convert the track/sector of the PC
into the real track and sector of the hard drive.
I believe that most IDE hard drives still work this way today.  At
lease, they have have a translation table for to replace sectors when
they go bad.

Steve Bjork