[Coco] OS-9 environment variables?

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Thu Apr 16 15:44:15 EDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 05:02:51PM -0500, Allen Huffman wrote:
> WILLARD:
> >getenv() and setenv() in the cgfx library read/write "environment
> >variables" from /dd/sys/env.file
>
> Willard shoots and scores! I did not know CGFX had those calls, though
> during my CoCO days, I have never heard of getenv() and setenv().
> INTERESTING!
>
> Is that the stock Tandy version of CGFX, or the third party one?

Someday I'll learn to check my facts before I open my mouth an insert
my foot. :-(

They're getenv() and putenv() in CGFX7.  I've never actually used the
original cgfx. ;-)  I just assumed they were in the stock one.

I've used getenv().  The docs say putenv() writes back to the file,
but I haven't tried it.

A cheer for Mike Sweet, who added all the stuff that should have been
in CGFX in the first place!

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA