[Coco] OS-9 environment variables?

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Wed Apr 15 12:39:57 EDT 2009

At 11:08 AM 4/15/2009, you wrote:
>Non-6809 OS-9 versions do have environment variable space.
>
>It would be trivial to write a getenv/setenv library... How soon would
>you need it?

That's a nice offer.  No major rush!

Is the data guaranteed to be there after hitting Reset?  I know
nothing is truly guaranteed, but you get the idea.  Some untoucable
space, and I'm sure there's a lot there right now without having to
make the environment routines, but it sure would be nice to have them
persist across a Reset, and just have the routines in the first place
so programs can at least share a few pieces of information in style.  :)