[Coco] OS-9 environment variables?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Apr 15 00:01:20 EDT 2009

On Tuesday 14 April 2009, Roger Taylor wrote:
>Is there a way in OS-9 to store a few bytes or a string from one
>module and access that data from another module by nickname or some
>other global handle?
>
>Can the data persist after hitting Reset to reboot OS-9?

(Nitr)os9 has data modules, Roger.  Generally used read-only, I've used them
just a time or 2 to prove they worked.  I'd have to check the docs now to see
if they can be writable, however, whats written would likely be lost on the
reboot without some new dance steps to update the disk copy.

IIRC Dale Pucket did an article or two on data modules that was covered by the
rainbow, but I have NDI what ish's they were in now.
Easy to implement, and doable.  You just have to figure out how to effect the
save in a quasi automatic way.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)