[Coco] bluetooth vs linux

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Apr 11 01:19:05 EDT 2009

On Saturday 11 April 2009, Roger Taylor wrote:
>At 11:27 PM 4/10/2009, you wrote:
>>The only think missing is minicom hasn't a clue how to do the coco's gfx
>>colors, so a color based proggy, or one that needs a mouse won't work.
>> Yet...
>>
>>There will be some details to work out, mostly using xmode to reconfigure
>> for the right flow controls I think.
>>
>>Good luck everybody, and many thanks, Roger.
>>
>>--
>>Cheers, Gene
>
>Give 19200 bps a try.    From the OS-9 prompt you should be able
>to:  echo set baud 19200 >/t3

from another shell obviously

>then immediately xmode /t3 bau=7  to reconfigure the pak for 19200
>bps for all new sessions

Also from another shell, not the one running on /t3.  And since I had a shell
on /t2, with a minicom session to it, I tried it right from this chair, and it
worked although I should set that session of minicom up for 19200 too.  And
that still works.  Do we have a 38400? :)

And you really do want to show just how slow rz/sz is. :)  Even on my machine,
about 7300 baud is all it can muster. 6809 based machines, around 4500 baud.

Yeah, rz/sz can move a file while someone is sawing the cable in two with a
dull hacksaw.  But its error checking is a speed killer.  If this is as good
as you claim, I should be able to use ymodem error free at 56k.  But it is too
late & I could feel better.  The missus went out to get a nanner split, and I
sent her to a place I knew had sugar free ice cream,  said get me a small
cone, but she bought back a pint!  And I was dumb enough to eat it all, I mean
its sugar free right?  Damn that sugar alcohol is hell on ones innards.  I
won't do that again real soon.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)