[Coco] Artifacting on LCD?

LinuxRules Linux-Rules at austin.rr.com
Wed Apr 8 23:27:40 EDT 2009

Mike Pepe wrote:
> Oh, and let's not forget the 68486/68487 SAM/VDG replacements- that
> would have been a fixed VDG as well.
>
> Too bad I lost the datasheets for those, I would be curious to remember
> how they were structured and what features they would have given us if
> they had actually been produced.
>
> Maybe John knows :)

No, I've never heard of those chip numbers.
In fact, they strike me as odd. Once the 68k was in production, management
decreed that 5 digit numbers (68xxx) would be reserved for 16-32 bit chips
and 8bit chips would be 4 digit numbers. (all changed with the CMOS MCUs.).
At the time of the 68K introduction, IIRC the only 8bit chip with a 5
digit number
was the 68488 (GPIB controller). If '486 and '487 numbers were assigned
after
the 68K, I would expect them to be 16-32 bit chips. If assigned before
the 68K,
I never heard a peep about them. Odd, but not impossible, that I
wouldn't have...........

cheers,
johnd
JohnDumas at austin.rr.com