[Coco] Artifacting on LCD?

Torsten Dittel Torsten at Dittel.info
Thu Apr 9 17:53:55 EDT 2009

Nick Marentes schrieb:

> Has anyone compare a composite input LCD, VGA input LCD (using a
> scandoubler) and a CRT monitor running RGB (Amiga 1084 preferably)
> running off a CoCo3?
>
> I suspect they will find that the CRT gives the best overall picture.
> Anyone got first hand answers?

I tried a PAL CoCo3 with RGB on both a German 1084S and a NEC MultiSync
2D (the latter goes down to 15kHz) as well as with Composite on th 1084S
(my Aussie PAL CoCos have a daughter board to mix that Composite from
RGB, the GIME's Composite out pin is not connected): RGB plus 1084S
looks best. No idea about LCDs.