[Coco] Artifacting on LCD?

Thu Apr 9 14:01:08 EDT 2009

On Apr 9, 2009, at 8:51 AM, Allen Huffman wrote:
> Are artifact colors caused by the CRT or the composite/RF modulation?
>
> If I get an LCD TV or monitor with composite inputs, will it show
> artifact colors?

In theory, an LCD TV should display artifacts via its composite or RF
inputs.  However, I tried hooking my CoCo 3 up to a 15" Sharp Aquos
TV, and it displayed the high-res screens in black and white (plus had
some annoying line shift artifacts, perhaps due to the built-in
deinterlacer).

However, my Dell 2007WFP computer monitor also has composite inputs,
and it seems to display the artifact colors fine.

So, my opinion is it will likely work, but you may want to buy a
monitor/TV from a place that allows returns just in case.

-- JP