[Coco] Artifacting on LCD?

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 11:10:09 EDT 2009

Artifacts are inherent to baseband video, RF modulation only spices up
the display with moiré patterns every once in a while.

I have my CoCo (F Board) on a Sharp Aquous TV/Monitor fed over the RF
output, artifacts do show and are clean, my nit pick is that overall
the image of the LCD is rather dull and has a spot with a weird and
very stable pixel shift, only noticeable if paid close attention to...
since I noticed I just can't get over it... like that scene in Austin
Powers with the Mole Agent. I keep the LCD on that only because of the
space savings, but miss the brilliance of a true CRT TV as the one I
had there before.

That CoCo does not have a composite output mod, but as the CoCo 3 sits
close to it I will give it a test run. The CoCo 3 is onto its own C=
branded analog RGB monitor (a Magnavox built display).

Will report what I get with that.

-=[ Rogelio ]=-