[Coco] 5 1/4" drive

Mike Pepe lamune at doki-doki.net
Tue Apr 7 13:06:38 EDT 2009

Technically a DSQD 5.25 disk would be the equivalent in terms of track
data density as a HD 1.44MB floppy (written data at a 500KHz rate)

Density is really a reference to the density of data per track, and has
nothing to do with track pitch which is what those "DSQD" disks referred
to.

So to answer the question, any low density media should work just as
well at 48tpi (40 tracks) and 96tpi (80 tracks)

As to finding a working 80 track double density- good luck there. I
pulled a couple out of some AT&T 3B2-400's if that helps :)