[Coco] File transfers over DriveWire between PC and Coco hard disk

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Mon Apr 6 12:05:27 EDT 2009

Boisy Pitre wrote:
> Frank,
>
> My guss is that this would work.  If you have HDB-DOS DriveWire and
> HDB-DOS IDE in two different banks of the flash on your SuperIDE, you
> could simply POKE &HFF59 the appropriate bank, reset the CoCo and reload
> the RAM disk software.
>
> Robert, are you using the RAM disk software that is on the HDB-DOS
> software disk?  I know we include one, but I haven't ran it in so long.
> And frankly I never thought about it being an intermediary device
> between IDE/SCSI/DW3.
>
> Regards,
> Boisy G. Pitre

I don't have that disk so I don't know what your RAM disk looks like. I
am using the software supplied with the KEN-TON RGBDOS package which I
modified to use TFM block transfer for a 6309 system. I expect your
program is more or less the same.

The main body of the code is loaded at $FE69. RGBDOS/HDBDOS is patched
at $D75F to check if the drive numbers are 2 & 3. If they are, the RAM
disk is used. If not, the normal drives, floppy or hard are used.