[Coco] My CoCo plans - Looking for advice and insight.

Jim Cox nutz4coco at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 15:12:07 EDT 2009

Hi Boisy,

Yes, I took Frank's statement to mean that I will need a Disk Drive to load
HDB-DOS to the flash (CF card?) on the SuperIDE, but after that, I should
only need it for when I move files from the Host PC to the CF card (as per
Frank's second email) and for applications that may have issues with using
DW, but I don't expect many of those.

I do plan to keep the crowd informed.  As sick as it sounds, now that the
Sun is out in the Seattle area, I feel like diving in to my CoCo again.  SAD
isn't it (SAD pun intended :-)

Cheers,

Jim Cox
http://miba51.blogspot.com/
http://geekswhocare.blogspot.com/
http://8-bit-retro-computing.blogspot.com/

On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 11:36 AM, Boisy Pitre <boisy at tee-boy.com> wrote:

> Jim,
>
> I don't want to spoil the fun, because going through the exercise is a neat
> experience, as you noted.  But as Frank stated, you will need a floppy drive
> to at least get HDB-DOS setup and burned into the flash of the SuperIDE.
>
> Keep us posted on your progress.
>
> Regards,
> Boisy G. Pitre
> --
> Tee-Boy
> Mobile: 337.781.3570
> Email: boisy at tee-boy.com
> Web: http://www.tee-boy.com
>

> On Apr 5, 2009, at 1:00 PM, Jim Cox wrote:
>
>  Hi Frank,
>>
>> Yeah, I figured I would need a disk drive to set up the SuperIDE with
>> HBD-DOS, and NitrOS-9.  After that is done, I should only need to use a
>> disk
>> drive locally only if I am not using Drive Wire, or at least that is my
>> hope.
>>
>> I believe some Basic programs may require a local disk drive, but those
>> are
>> mostly games from what I have picked up from the list.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Jim Cox
>> http://miba51.blogspot.com/
>> http://geekswhocare.blogspot.com/
>> http://8-bit-retro-computing.blogspot.com/
>>

>> On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 10:45 AM, Frank Pittel <fwp at deepthought.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> You will need at least one floppy drive to set things up. The setup
>>> program
>>> for hdb dos will help you the offset. I would also suggest that you