[Coco] NitrOS-9 floppy images

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Apr 4 23:27:13 EDT 2009

On Saturday 04 April 2009, Tim Fadden wrote:
>Yup, somethings in there!  Looks like this:
>
>www.katvixen.comwww.katvixen.comwww.katvixen.comwww.katvixen.comwww.katvixen
>.comwww.katvixwww.katvixen.comwww.katvixen.comwww.katvixe
>

>Looks like 9 1/2 to me.  :-)
>
>Tim
>
>Roger Taylor wrote:
>> To whomever this concerns: the NitrOS-9 .dsk images have a porn link
>> embedded in the boot track.  I just built a fresh boot disk with my
>> own 6551 boot module and discovered that the links were copied across
>> somehow, right after my boot module.  In fact, the link is repeated 7
>> times, making it very obvious.

That triggered a memory, and I have seen it in the nitros9 tree someplace.
Yeah, its part of nitros9/level2/coco3/modules/krn (which used to be os9p1 in
os9 days).  I suspect it is actually innocuous space filler to make the module
the right length.  I say that because it has to be in my boot disks too, and
they work so its not hurting a thing.

The order in the bttrk is an 8 byte header for basics use, rel, boot, krn and
that is just after the krn module header.  The tail end is 16 bytes long, and
also includes a filler string before the table.

I must say after taking a look, there sure is enough of that girl.  Pleasing
to the touch plump. ;)

Now the question is, who put it in there?  It has been there for quite a
while, as it is also in the 3.2.6 release.

Chuckle.  Roger, I'd ignore it, that is not your problem.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)