[Coco] DOS patch programs

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sat Apr 4 17:05:47 EDT 2009

At 03:12 PM 4/4/2009, you wrote:
CCASM has a new -rompatch switch.  It's not public ready yet because
it uses hardcoded paths to "decb11.rom" and saves out the new ROM as
"coconet.rom" no matter what.

>>When it's ready, game paks and other DOS ROMs can be patched or
>>have code written/overlayed into a new ROM image.
>
>I'm eager to try that! BTW, when will CoCoNet be released? It's been
>announced for a while. Or maybe it's already available somewhere?
>
>Christian

Nobody has a copy of CoCoNet yet.  When I add the LSN reader/writer
to both the bitbanger version and 6551 version of the ROM, I'll put
it out there to public testing.

CoCoNet uses an ASCII string + CR protocol now.  When the server
receives a "!LSNREAD 0 0" command, for example, it means send back
the logical sector number 0 for virtual disk 0.  "!DSKI$ 0 17 2" uses
a drive,track,sector syntax.

When I'm at the point where I can plug in the wireless pak (with
CoCoNet ROM), type DOS, and NitrOS-9 and/or OS-9 Level II boots up
over the air from the PC I think it'll be a good time to release a
beta copy of CoCoNet 6551.  Actually, the code is already working in
CoCoNet.  It's working within a buggy NOS9/DW3 environment that's
holding me up right now.  I'm not sure if FORMAT is crashing the CoCo
or not, but something is sending me into SparkleLand sometimes.

The bitbanger version of CoCoNet is a separate compile so there will
be no versions that provide 6551+bitbanger support.  It's one or the
other at this time.

--
Roger Taylor

http://www.wordofthedayonline.com