[Coco] CoCo Video Player Project

James Dessart skwirl42 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 13:03:46 EDT 2009

On 4/3/09, John W. Linville <linville at tuxdriver.com> wrote:

> Dunno, my guess is that moving the data to the CoCo is a bigger problem
>  than filling the video buffer.  Loading from the disk blocks of code
>  to fill the memory buffer would significantly increase the total data
>  transfer (i.e. transferring code + data instead of just data).

True. It's possible that a properly timed loop, if it could manage it,
could use the GIME bug that sets the current pixel to whatever a
palette register is being set to, to take advantage of all 64 colours.
The disk file could just be a bunch of palette values that the program
doesn't even have to write anywhere but the palette register. I don't
know if it can read from a disk fast enough to just stream the values
to the screen directly, but if it could that'd be really cool. :)

--
James Dessart
<http://skwirl.com/cody/>