[Coco] CoCo Video Player Project

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Fri Apr 3 10:47:56 EDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 03, 2009 at 01:24:22PM +0000, Mark Marlette wrote:

> I don't recall the exact values but SCSI was about twice as fast as IDE.
>
> Megaread times for TC^3 were ~11-12 seconds and 19-20seconds for IDE.

At the risk of being branded a heretic or an ignoramous...what exactly
does Megaread do?  Simply read a megabyte of data?  Or something
more complex?

It definitely seems like there are either serious resolution and/or
frame rate limitations or a need for some serious cleverness to get
something working...

John