[Coco] CoCo Video Player Project

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Fri Apr 3 03:57:57 EDT 2009

John W. Linville wrote:

> It seems simple enough...the bounding factors would be the disk bandwidth
> (frame rate) and the size of the disk (length of video).
>
> Hmmm...anyone wanna drive this?  I have enough stuff going-on...but,
> maybe I can help?

I'm usually all for these "because we can" exercises (and guilty of a few
myself) but I must admit that I don't really see the point in this one at
all. There's nothing particularly technically challenging - just streaming
pre-formatted data to video memory off disk - and the results, 16 colours at
whatever resolution is supported by the bandwidth, wouldn't be particularly
exciting.

But each to their own, I guess!

Regards,