[Coco] CoCoFest Report

Mark Marlette mmarlette at frontiernet.net
Wed Apr 1 12:21:48 EDT 2009

Al,

I am glad you have been renewed, I would LOVE to see some of your older wares come forth again!!!!

The issue that I saw at the fest was one that I was aware of but Murphy wanted it not to work in Chicago. I hacked a fix into it Sat. night and had the pak functional. As stated in my part of the C-9 seminar, the next rev of the FLASHpak has this designed out of it. Can fix it passively but going with an active device.

The Sunday issue is extreme CoCoing, 32k ROM mode. Problem identified, solution in the works. Programmable logic, love it. Boisy and I were on the phone for 40minutes this AM reviewing this. He said at one point, man this shxt is complex. This machine still teaches us new things.

As to far as when? When it is tested and meets the design specifications. Nothing goes out the door without it being 100% tested. I write ATE software and design the test hardware. Once it passes there, it goes to CoCo final test. Where more test software is run and all portions of the CPLD are exercised.

As the FLASHpak could be a drive, that is not it's intention. It is a 2megabyte x 8 partitioned ROM pak, 16megabit device. :) VERY fast programming times, fun stuff.

Working on three projects right now, time division multiplexing......All looking good and is about time.

To externally power the CF use a 3.5" drive connector and a wall wart 5v regulated, please note regulated!

Mark
Cloud-9