[Coco] Cured MPI

Boisy Pitre boisy at tee-boy.com
Thu Apr 16 19:17:55 EDT 2009

I thought I would share this experience with the list.

Over the past few months,my 26-3124 MPI has been behaving
erratically.  Turning on the CoCo would sometimes register Disk BASIC
in slot 4, sometimes not.  Often unplugging and replugging the MPI
into the CoCo 3 would fix the issue for a while, but not always.

Today I went to Radio Shack and bought a twin pack of DeoxIT cleaner
and DeoxIT cleaner Gold.  Following the instructions, I cleaned the
contacts on the MPI and all of the cartridge peripherals that I use in
the MPI.  It took about 25 minutes to clean everything (including the
recommended 2 minute wait time between each application).  After
cleaning everything, wiping the excess, and putting things back
together, my system is operating 100% properly.

Just a little public service announcement for all of you out there...

Regards,
Boisy G. Pitre
--
Tee-Boy