[Coco] Somewhat OT - SWTPC 6809 Restoration Project

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Sun Apr 12 19:51:13 EDT 2009

Hey all,

I have on loan the remains of two or three SWTPc 6809 computers that had
belonged to the late friend of a friend, and I'm going to try to restore
them to working condition.  (I can probably only get one working, since
there only seems to be one CPU board, unless another one turns up in
other boxes...)  My plan is to try to get Flex and OS-9 running, and
maybe get it to run some old text adventures and such things.  If I get
real ambitious I might hook up one of those serial<->ethernet/telnet
thingies and make it play adventure games over the Internet.  First
things first though.  I'm cataloging the parts and trying to understand
the DAT circuit on the CPU board.

If you have an interest in such arcana, you can check out my progress
here:  http://8littlebits.wordpress.com/category/swtpc/

JCE