[Coco] NitrOS-9 out of thin air :)

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Wed Apr 8 18:05:50 EDT 2009

I just had to....

What does NitrOS-9 NOOB mean?

"NitrOS-9 Operating Over Bluetooth", ofcourse!

On Wednesday, April 8, 2009, I watched my CoCo 3 boot into NitrOS-9
over a wireless serial connection.  That is, using no floppy drives,
no MPI, just the bluetooth cartridge, I typed DOS and was at the
NitrOS-9 prompt within 20 seconds or so.

I've got:  {Term|02}/DD:

Even with this great news, there's still issues to be worked out
since I have no commands available that I know of except for chx and
chd, so something kinda went wrong in either the boot disk creation
or the boot process, but I'll figure it out.

So it's still too early to call it official until I can work around
the prompt for a while and make new bootdisks, etc.
--
Roger Taylor

http://www.wordofthedayonline.com