[Coco] No sound in Rampage or Digger II under VCC Help!

Joe joef6809 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 02:39:36 EDT 2009

A few months ago someone had Emailed saying they were not getting sound in RamPage! and Digger II. I've finally had the time to look into it and traced it to a bug in the way VCC handles timer interupts. As I have a copy (Legal) of RamPage! I can verify that it does work now however I don't have, nor can I find a copy of digger II. Does anyone either 1) have a copy they can send me for testing (dsk image) or failing that be willing to test the new version of VCC to verify the sound does indeed work in Digger II now.
Thanks.
BTW incase anyone is interested the docs say that writting 0 to 0xFF94 and 0xFF95 stops the timer. It seems this is not entirely true. The interupt that's "in the pipe" still occurs and then the interupts stop. At least that seems to have been the problem.