[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: 3.5" drives on coco 3

Stan Mooney mrfrosty30701 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 30 20:44:43 EDT 2008

a few simple patches will allow you to use 720k 3 1/2" drives on the coco.  (my favorite utility for this [maybe because i wrote it] is "super boot"--it should be available for download on many coco sites since i put it into the public domain several years ago--if not just drop me an e-mail and i will e-mail you a copy)

the 1.44 meg drives are a little more difficult since they use different timing than the 720k drives.  i have heard that those require a disk basic 1.0 drive controller with some hardware modifications.