[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: 3.5" drives on coco 3

LinuxRules Linux-Rules at austin.rr.com
Mon Sep 29 10:55:03 EDT 2008

Al Hartman wrote:
> I believe ADOS will allow you to use 720k 3.5" drives on the Coco.
>
> You can either run the loadable version from RS-DOS, or you can burn it
> into an EPROM and put it into your Disk Controller.
>
> J&M Dos probably also supports it as well.
>
> 1.44mb Drives are only supported in OS-9 I believe. But, you need a
> specially modified controller and driver software for that.

I think that you are exactly right about what is needed to support full
capacity of 3" drives.

I am using one with DECB and it does work, but treats the floppy like a
35-track, SSSD.
Thus, wasting the bulk of it's capacity.
However.....it  _is_ convenient sometimes when that's all you have to
Xfer files.

Gotta work my way up to a better Xfer method!
One step at a time.............

> You might be better off checking with Cloud-9 and using their Flash Card
> Adapter.

Ain't that god's own truth!

cheers,
johnd