[Coco] Vcc and real floppy disks

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Fri Sep 26 22:22:26 EDT 2008

Darren A wrote:

> One possible solution for VCC would be to use a Side Compare value
> that matches the Side Select bit from $FF40. If that fails, it could
> try a second time with the opposite value. If that suuceeds it could
> then cache the value for subsequent  operations on that side of the
> disk.
>
> Darren

That's worth trying. There have been emulator programs that permitted
side selection. PORT.EXE from the JVC emulator package permitted reading
real floppy disks from either side as if they were single sided. I
pretty sure the JVC emulator looked at the Basic drive table which if
modified resulted in double sided drives acting as two singles. These
were DOS programs but that should not matter.