[Coco] Files to os9

Boisy Pitre boisy at tee-boy.com
Sat Sep 27 09:24:32 EDT 2008

I'll be happy to oblige.  Consider a disk image with two files and one
directory:

[vite:~] boisy% os9 dir -er x.dsk

                            Directory of x.dsk,
  Owner    Last modified    Attributes Sector Bytecount Name
-------   ---------------  ---------- ------ --------- ----
   0.0     2008/05/04 1043   ----r-wr       B        69 x.c
   0.0     2008/09/27 0816   d-ewrewr       D        96 folder

                            Directory of x,./folder
  Owner    Last modified    Attributes Sector Bytecount Name
-------   ---------------  ---------- ------ --------- ----
   0.0     2008/09/06 0954   ----r-wr      16       793 main.c

This disk image file is named 'x.dsk' and resides in a test directory
on my Mac.

To copy the contents FROM the disk image TO the current directory on
the native disk::

[vite:~/v] boisy% os9 dsave x.dsk, . -e
copy x.dsk,/x.c ./x.c  -b=32768
makdir ./folder
copy x.dsk,/folder/main.c ./folder/main.c  -b=32768

Now here's the contents of the folder:

[vite:~/v] boisy% ls -l
total 24
drwxr-xr-x  3 boisy  staff   102 Sep 27 08:20 folder/
-rw-r--r--  1 boisy  staff    69 Sep 27 08:20 x.c
-rw-r--r--  1 boisy  staff  6912 Sep 27 08:16 x.dsk

To copy the contents of a folder from one disk image to another:

[vite:~/v] boisy% os9 format y.dsk
Format Summary
--------------
Geometry Data:
       Cylinders: 35
           Heads: 1
   Sectors/track: 18
     Sector size: 256

Logical Data:
   Total sectors: 630
   Size in bytes: 161280
    Cluster size: 1

[vite:~/v] boisy% os9 dsave x.dsk, y.dsk, -e
copy x.dsk,/x.c y.dsk,/x.c  -b=32768
makdir y.dsk,/folder
copy x.dsk,/folder/main.c y.dsk,/folder/main.c  -b=32768

[vite:~/v] boisy% os9 dir -er y.dsk

                            Directory of y.dsk,
  Owner    Last modified    Attributes Sector Bytecount Name
   0.0     2008/05/04 1043   ----r-wr       B        69 x.c
   0.0     2008/09/27 0823   d-ewrewr       E        96 folder

                            Directory of y.dsk,/folder
  Owner    Last modified    Attributes Sector Bytecount Name
   0.0     2008/09/06 0954   ----r-wr      17       793 main.c

For some reason when my source is a native folder on the Mac, dsave
returns an error 215.