[Coco] hard disk performance

Tim Fadden t.fadden at cox.net
Fri Sep 26 21:14:26 EDT 2008

???  I am confused.

According to your test,  it took 25 seconds to read 1,024,000 bytes  or,
one megabyte.  If you devide 1024000 by 25 the result is 40960 closer to
40kbytes/sec or  327Kbits.  Pleas show me your math to get 12k/sec  12k
what?  bits bytes blocks.

I am sure I am missing something here.  Just not sure what.

Your test is exactly what I did and got 30secs for a megaread pass.  to
me that seems to be 34kbytes/sec.

It must be that I am confused just how much data megaread is reading!
is it reading megabytes, or megabits?

Whatever it is reading, its a bunch faster than floppys! ha ha ha

Confused in AZ.
Tim