[Coco] NitrOS-9 dcheck and hard disks

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Sep 25 23:49:25 EDT 2008

On Thursday 25 September 2008, Robert Gault wrote:
>Chuck and Gene,
>
>I confess - if that's the right word :) - to being involved in a
>discussion about dcheck but have not made any modifications. Rather I
>left it to Gene as he was much further along in having a commented source.
>
>You can read the discussion at
>http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=2054751&forum_id=597957
>where you will see I was working on dEd so that Gene could have better
>success tracking down dcheck and format problems.
>
>Further any changes I've made to NitrOS-9 sources are included in the
>comments so that people will know who to complain to for any mistakes.
>
>:) There is no indication in the dcheck source code that I've made any
>
>changes.

Hummmm, my mistake Robert, I had forgotten there was also a problem with ded
that seemed to impinge on my ability to fiddle with fat bits.

What I did to dcheck was as noted in the src header except I believe I zapped
some old code that was never called, which also shrunk it some.  That then is
the code Chuck has.  And TBT, if Chuck wants to wander through that code and
kick the tires, maybe he can find the rest of the little 'off by one' type
error reports when the fat and the files don't quite match.  That is a pretty
good sized hunk of code for me to get my head around, and its near total lack
of comments doesn't help.

Frankly, I'd buy a round for a copy of the original sources, but I've no clue
where to ask.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)