[Coco] George's CNC Machine (WAS: Something else)

Charlie chazbeenhad at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 24 22:28:07 EDT 2008

Hi Ron. I'm a programmer and lead man of a CNC shop for a pharmacuetical
machinery company.
Have you ever worked with Cincinnati A2100 controllers? I think Siemens has
the rights to them now.
We have several of them and I'm a huge fan even if they are very "touchy".
They are a dual mobo 486 or pentium1 setup that run winnt4.0. Basicaly 1
board runs Windows and the user interface/touchscreen and the other controls
the machine. Very powerful system. Ive always been amazed at the speed of
things even though the cpus are slow 486's with only 32 megs of ram. Some of
our smaller Arrows move at 1400ipm and can stop and repeat within .00002

Here are the insides of the controller:
http://www.geocities.com/chazbeenhad/MISC/2001arrow500back1.jpg

And here is the front of the little 20x20 Arrow 500.
http://www.geocities.com/chazbeenhad/MISC/arrow500.jpg

Charlie

news:BAY118-DAV72C491AD46A2262C6C0FEAF450 at phx.gbl...