[Coco] George's CNC Machine (WAS: Something else)

RJRTTY at aol.com RJRTTY at aol.com
Wed Sep 24 18:41:20 EDT 2008

In a message dated 9/24/2008 2:42:03 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jcewy at swbell.net writes:

I'm  saving my pennies for a Digilent starter board...
At this point my CNC  needs are being taken care of by a P4 and EMC2.
But one of my earliest  computer memories is of seeing some old 8-bitter,
probably running CP/M,  put a pen plotter through its paces back in
1977.  Surely a CoCo could  do the job, even if it has to pre-calculate.

Yes!  Back in '77 I watched as a plotter respond to a file  transmitted
to it by a program run on an IBM370.   I have my own pen plotter  now
which is as close as I will get to a real CNC machine for now due
to cost of a good one.   The coco operates the plotter quite  well
at 600 baud and is fun to watch.

Roy