[Coco] Dealing with unwanted topics and some rambling on my coco stuff

Chuck Youse cyouse at serialtechnologies.com
Wed Sep 24 08:37:25 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-09-24 at 05:03 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:

> As for the politics, I'm in favor of cleaning all 3 houses.  From T.
> Jefferson, "The tree of liberty must be refreshed with the blood of patriots
> and tyrants from time to time, and God help us if we go twenty years without
> it."  Unforch, the mechanisms by which we can do that with the ballot box
> were designed to protect the status quo since it doesn't seem possible to
> align the election process so we could do it all in one swell foop.

That's why we have the right to bear arms.  The Second Amendment's real
purpose was to ensure that the government wouldn't be the only ones with
guns, no? :)  Look at the French: when their government upsets them,
they take to the streets, and the government bends over backwards to
appease them.  As it should!  The government lives in fear of the
people, and that's how it SHOULD be.  Government is simply a collective
tool of the people, it's not an agency unto which we owe our allegiance;
and when it fails to suit its purpose, it is our right and patriotic
duty to overthrow it, by armed revolution if necessary.

C.