[Coco] CLOAD without ?IO ERROR

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 19:20:24 EDT 2008

On 9/20/08, Mike Pepe wrote:
>> This program should run on any color computer that has at least 32K.
>
> Um, probably not, but I haven't tried it. Suffice it to say though,
> except for the "documented" ROM routines, pretty much everything is
> moved around in differing ROM versions. It's not likely to work on
> anything except color basic 1.0

-----

The Disk Basic ROM is the only one where "pretty much everything is
moved around". The Color Basic and Extended Basic ROMS keep almost
everything in the same location, and have only minor patches applied.

The CLOAD code which Aaron's program copies is identical in all
versions of the Color Basic ROMS (1.0 - 1.3) and in CoCo 3 ROM.  So
yes, it will likely work on any CoCo with at least 32K RAM.

Here is a version that should work on CoCo's with 16K RAM:

1  CLEAR 20, 16099
2  FOR X = 42136 TO 42301
3  POKE X-26036, PEEK(X)
4  NEXT X